Dental Care For Children
At Elite Dental Group, we’re always focused on what we can do to improve our clinic and make it the very best in Atlanta. Providing general and cosmetic dentistry for the local community, we aim for consistently gentle and compassionate care for all members of your family. From your baby’s first tooth to your father’s denture fittings, we consider it an honor and a privilege to be tasked with taking care of your family’s oral health.
As experienced providers in pediatric dentistry, we face the special needs and challenges of providing services to children with patience, understanding and more than a bit of humor. After having served thousands of Riverdale’s kids, we are especially adept at calming these pint-sized patients, getting them successfully through their appointment with ease.
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries in mother and child
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and fluoride treatments, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations
- Habit counseling (for example, pacifier use and thumb sucking)
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Diagnosis of oral conditions associated with diseases such as diabetes, congenital heart defect, asthma, hay fever, and attention-deficit/ hyperactivity disorder
- Management of gum diseases and conditions including ulcers, short frenulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal disease
- Care for dental injuries (for example, fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth)
For our most anxiety-ridden patients (of certain ages) we offer sedation dentistry to further calm nerves and ensure a positive outcome. It is our goal to make going to the dentist a happily accepted part of growing up and to ensure years of good oral health.